So, you bought your clear whey protein—now what? How do you prepare a clear whey protein shake that’s just perfect? Sure, you could just flip the tub around and read the instructions.
But there are some things they don’t tell you on the back. I consume clear whey protein powders daily, and after trial and error, I found the perfect preparation method.
Keep reading, and I’ll show you in this article how to make the perfect clear whey protein shake.
How do you mix clear protein powder?
Here’s a complete Guide from start to finish on how to prepare your clear whey protein shake:
- Start by putting 30g (that’s 1 scoop) of clear protein powder in your shaker.
- Add 400-500 ml of cold water to the shaker. The label might say 300-400 ml, but I find that too sweet. Trust me, use more water and make sure it’s cold. A warm clear whey is like warm iced tea—it’s just not the same.
- Put the lid on your shaker and shake it up until the powder is fully dissolved.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes. You’ll notice a bunch of foam at the top. Don’t sip it yet! Let the foam settle.
- Now it’s ready to drink. Have it before your workout, after, or even during. I like to sip mine during meals. I used to love soda with my food, but I swapped that for clear whey protein. Big win for me!
- Once you’re done, clean your shaker and get the next one ready. I make my next shake right after I finish the first. Pop it in the fridge, and it’s ready and foam-free when I want it, nice and cold.
Additionally, feel free to put Ice in your Clear Whey Protein Shakes. You can also put lime or an orange in it to make it the perfect summer drink. Here you can be creative, feel free to explore.
Do You Mix Clear Whey Isolate with Water or Milk?
I hear this one a lot. You need to mix clear whey Isolate with water, not milk. The flavors are usually fruity, like green apple or orange. Trust me, you don’t want to mix those with milk. Plus, one of the big benefits of clear whey is fewer calories.
Using milk would just add extra calories back in. Regular whey proteins are different than clear whey isolate. Whey protein you pair with milk, but the whole point of clear whey is to ditch the milk. So yeah, mix it with water. It tastes amazing, and you end up consuming fewer calories. So, clear whey protein will help you to lose weight.
How Many Clear Whey Shakes a Day?
Anywhere from 1 to 3 shakes a day is fine, depending on your fitness and muscle goals. But don’t go over that. I usually hit the gym in the morning, so I have my first shake right after my workout. Then I’ll have another one with either lunch or dinner.
I used to drink one at dinner, but it’s 500ml of water, and that made me have to get up to pee at night. So, I stopped doing that. But if your bladder is not as sensitive as mine, go ahead…
The awesome thing about clear whey is it’s super easy on the stomach. So, having two shakes a day is no problem. That’s just 200 calories and 50g of protein.. This made it way easier for me to hit my daily protein intake goals.
When Should You Drink A Clear Whey Protein Shake?
There is no set time for when to have clear whey, really. But it’s a good idea to get some protein in you after your workout. So, I’d say go for it right after you finish at the gym.
I like to sip on clear whey all day long. It’s like having a soda with me that I can enjoy anytime. That’s why I always keep a ready-to-go shake in my fridge. I’ll have it during meals, after my workout, and just sip it throughout the day.
Only a heads-up: don’t drink it too late at night. It’ll have you up and running to the bathroom. But in the morning? It’s awesome. You’re basically downing 500ml of water, so it’s a good way to start the day hydrated.
So there you have it, that’s how I like to do my clear whey protein. I go for 2 shakes daily, sip it all day long, and make sure it’s cold. Doing it this way, a 1000g package lasts me about 3-4 weeks.
If you’re not sure which clear whey to get, check out our guide on the best clear whey protein brands out there. I tried a bunch and made a list to help you pick the right one easier.